My introduction

Forum for our foreign visitors. Please use English as your language.

Moderators: Jasper, nicoleers

Plaats reactie [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
UsGal65
Forumlid
Aantal adoptiegraven: 10
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My introduction

Bericht door UsGal65 » zo 09 sep 2007, 17:37

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here, living in Belgium. I'm a Godmother at HC (one Godson there) and mainly at Ardennes, also an AWON representative for MD. I know some dutch but I'm better at English, that's why I posted here. I'm glad I found a forum for grave adoptions :)

Greetings from Belgium,

UsGal65
We can't cross bridges that we haven't reached yet, just those right in front of us here and now.

-Spitfire-
Beheerder
Aantal adoptiegraven: 3
Contacteer:

Re: My introduction

Bericht door -Spitfire- » zo 09 sep 2007, 17:48

Welcome on the forum! I hope you will have a nice stay here! :D
'De echte slachtoffers van de oorlog zijn diegene die op jouw foto's staan'
Sebastiaancollectie.nl

Panky51
Forumlid
Aantal adoptiegraven: 5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bericht door Panky51 » zo 09 sep 2007, 17:50

Bonjour UsGal65,

Welcome on this forum, hope you'll like it ! 8-)

Paul
Associate Member of the AWON
(http://www.awon.org/)

'Michiel'
Forumlid

Bericht door 'Michiel' » ma 10 sep 2007, 18:23

Where does your nickname refers to?

Regards,
Michiel

UsGal65
Forumlid

Bericht door UsGal65 » ma 10 sep 2007, 21:43

Thanks to all for the great welcome! Michiel, my nickname refers to my love for the USA... Us (United states) Gal (familiar word for girl). I was raised that way by my parents who saw the Allies come and free their village, especially my father who was ten at that time... :) I have extreme RESPECT for all Veterans, and never refuse to help in searching for a MIA/KIA, or to look for possible godparents i.e. at Ardennes Cemetery. My daughter is one of the youngest Godmothers there (I waited until she was old enough to ask to become one and understand what it meant of course), she'll be 9 in november. It's the only way I found to thank them and their next of kins for the sacrifices they made and I still wish we could do more than that !

Talk to you again soon,

UsGal
We can't cross bridges that we haven't reached yet, just those right in front of us here and now.

Jumpmaster
Forumlid
Aantal adoptiegraven: 7

Bericht door Jumpmaster » ma 10 sep 2007, 22:29

Welcome USGAL !!
There was no glory in the victory of war, only honor to those who fought bravely,
and memories of those who sufferd and died in battle. D.R. Burgett

UsGal65
Forumlid

Bericht door UsGal65 » ma 10 sep 2007, 22:59

Hi Jumpmaster, glad to meet you!

'Michiel'
Forumlid

Bericht door 'Michiel' » di 11 sep 2007, 07:49

Everyone should have extreme respect for veterans. :)

Regards,
Michiel

Jasper
Moderator en Projectleider
Aantal adoptiegraven: 5
Aantal geadopteerde namen:: 2

Bericht door Jasper » do 20 sep 2007, 10:30

Hi UsGal,

I adopted a grave on the war cemetery ardennes also...its a beautiful peaceful place there.

I adopted:

Name: Warren H Garrett
Born: 12 Januari 1921
Serial number: 36622329
Inducted From: White Country, Illinois
Combat Organization: 327th Glider Infantry 101st Airborne
Death Date: 19 Sep 1944
Monument: Ardennes, France
Last Known Status: Buried
U.S. Awards: Purple Heart Medal

Its verry hard to find information about him...i found his former caretaker were i am trying to get in contact with...and i recieved his IDPF with 2 adresses were i will send letters to....hope to get in tough with some relatives like i have with my other adopted graves at magraten.

Anyway, its nice to meet you and good to have someone who is a godmother at the ardenne cemetery on this forum

Kind regards,

Jasper
You can lose an enemy, if you can make him a friend...

MMG20715
Forumlid
Aantal adoptiegraven: 0
Aantal geadopteerde namen:: 0

Bericht door MMG20715 » zo 05 aug 2012, 07:58

This is confusing. I can find 4 men named Warren H Garrett but none of them were from Illinois.

I will continue to look.

Plaats reactie