Research

Forum for our foreign visitors. Please use English as your language.

Moderators: Jasper, nicoleers

Plaats reactie
Jasper
Moderator en Projectleider
Aantal adoptiegraven: 5
Aantal geadopteerde namen:: 2

Research

Bericht door Jasper » ma 24 sep 2007, 11:50

Here you can provide us with information to help us with our research.
You can lose an enemy, if you can make him a friend...

TruthSeeker
Forumlid
Aantal adoptiegraven: 0

Re: Research

Bericht door TruthSeeker » vr 12 okt 2007, 17:37

Hello Forum members:

I just had to share this with all of the researchers. Hopefully, to instill yet more motivation to keep at the searching, and not to believe EVERYTHING St. Louis tells you. Stay on top of your research and follow up!!

In July 2007, I sent Form DD149 (Request to correct Military Records) to St. Louis. The request was for 3 addition service stars awarded to Army personnel for the 3 major campaigns in the ETO during WWII. The War Dept. approved these awards in 1948, not informing many many vets that they were entitled to these awards, therefore, many vets still don't realize they are "owed" these service stars.

I received a letter, from the Dept. of the Army St. Louis, requesting proof of my next-of-kin relationship to my father. I sent the appropriate documents. I received another letter confirming receipt of these documents and a case number for my Form DD149, also being informed that it would take approximately 12 months to complete the review of my father's military records.

3 years ago, when I began the research of my father's military career, I, like everyone else, started with NPRC in St. Louis, received the famous "fire story," and was sent on my way. They assured me that they did not have my father's DD214's, and they were burned in the fire. Through much searching I was eventually able to acquire copies of my father's DD214's.

I recently received an email, from the Dept. of the Army, requesting documents to prove my next-of-kin relationship to my father. I answered providing the case number and explaining that this had already been done. The author of the email was very persistent in telling me that I had not sent the documents and that a "close the file" order had been initiated on July 29, 2007. Once again, I faxed her all of the documents, along with the letter from the War Dept., assigning a case number to my request.

I received another email, with many documents attached, and instructions to send those documents to Arlington, VA. No, I don't know why!! The interesting thing is: Among the documents I was sent were my father's DD214's that burned in "the fire!"

The very next email I received informed me that she had asked her supervisor about my case and the supervisor "Had put it somewhere on her desk!" "I should have asked her first," she told me. They were "sorry" for their previous emails and insistence that I had not sent the documents.

So, if you think St. Louis is giving your inquiries and requests serious consideration, or that they are even taking your research seriously, THINK AGAIN! The emails I received from this person were put through a translator into English. The person contacting me doesn't even speak English!! How confident does that make one feel?

Keep at it guys, it's all possible! Just not very easy.

Groetjes,
TruthSeeker
The TRUTH is out There!

Panky51
Forumlid

Bericht door Panky51 » zo 14 okt 2007, 11:43

TruthSeeker,

That's very clear, thank you very much for this information !

Have a great Sunday,

Groetjes,

Paul
Associate Member of the AWON
(http://www.awon.org/)

Jasper
Moderator en Projectleider
Aantal geadopteerde namen:: 2

Bericht door Jasper » ma 15 okt 2007, 09:03

Good! so ...St louis here we come again!! :twisted:
You can lose an enemy, if you can make him a friend...

Plaats reactie