Grandfather at Margraten then later moved to U.S.

Forum for our foreign visitors. Please use English as your language.

Moderators: Jasper, nicoleers

Anneke
Forumlid
Aantal geadopteerde namen:: 2

Re: Grandfather at Margraten then later moved to U.S.

Bericht door Anneke » ma 29 mar 2010, 19:28

Hello Randy,

I've been reading your story and want to wish you a pleasant time in the Netherlands and espacially in Grou. I've lived there all my life, and my dad was a volunteer at the museum that you are visiting saturday! It's a small, but nice museum, based underneeth our former cityhall. I'm sure they will hounour your grandfather and the other crewmembers the right way!

Regards, Anneke.

rhawkes
Forumlid
Aantal adoptiegraven: 0
Aantal geadopteerde namen:: 0

Re: Grandfather at Margraten then later moved to U.S.

Bericht door rhawkes » wo 07 apr 2010, 16:34

To everybody in The Netherlands,
I had a wonderful time visiting your country. The people are all very friendly and a pleasure to meet. I learned much about my grandfather and what happened on December 16, 1943. Unfortunately, I was unable to come to Margraten. Because of the distance from Grou and our busy schedule, I was unable to visit. But I hope to return to the Netherlands again and visit much more of your beautiful country. I did visit the church in Poppenweir where the bodies of the crew members were buried until they were moved to Margraten. They have a nice memorial there. I am sorry to Anneke for not seeing her message until after I had returned from my trip. I would have liked to meet you. I did meet a woman named Anneke that lives on the farm where the planes crashed. She was only a small child during the war, but her family had placed flowers at the crash site in remembrance.
Thanks to everyone for your help. If you find any more information, please let me know. You can send me an email. rhawkes@rochester.rr.com.
Randy Hawkes

Plaats reactie