190th Bomber Group - John Di Trapani

If you are the family of a soldier who is buried at one of the overseas cemeteries, you can post a message here where you notify us that you are looking for the caretaker of your relative's grave.

To post in this forum you don't have to be registered. If you do want to join our forum you can register here (click)

Moderators: Jasper, nicoleers

bewithabob
Forumlid
Aantal adoptiegraven: 0
Aantal geadopteerde namen:: 0

190th Bomber Group - John Di Trapani

Bericht door bewithabob » ma 14 mei 2012, 20:12

I am the nephew of St. Sgt John E Di Trapani, Ball Turret Gunner, 190th Bomber Group, of Long Beach, California, who was KIA on July 7, 1944 when his B-17 collided with another and crashed near Hoorn. He now is resting in Margraten.

If you know anyone who knew my Uncle, I hope you will please contact me at bewithabob@aol.com, or post here and I will be notified.

My Uncle's sister, who is 95 years of age, is living with me now, we pray for the repose of the soul of my Uncle daily.

I am hoping to visit Margraten and Hoorn in the coming year to pay my respects to him and to honor all those who fought and sacrificed in the cause of freedom.

Thank you,
Bob Shurtleff

-Spitfire-
Beheerder
Aantal adoptiegraven: 3
Contacteer:

Re: 190th Bomber Group - John Di Trapani

Bericht door -Spitfire- » di 15 mei 2012, 12:30

First of all, welcome to the forum Bob!

Your uncle's grave is likely adopted by someone visits his grave a few times a year to bring some flowers and to pay his/her respect to your uncle. I figure you would like to get in contact with this person, if you aren't already. To get in contact with that person, send an email Stichting Adoptie Graven Amerikaanse Begraafplaats Margraten (Foundation Adoption Graves American Cemetery Margraten). This organization maintains the "Adopt-A-Grave" progam for this cemetery. All you will have to do is to send an email to info@adoptiegraven-margraten.nl, stating that you are a relative of John Di Trapani and that you would like to get in contact with the person who has adopted his grave. They will then forward your email to that person, so that he/she can get in contact with you.

Good luck!
'De echte slachtoffers van de oorlog zijn diegene die op jouw foto's staan'
Sebastiaancollectie.nl

Jac Engels
Forumlid
Aantal adoptiegraven: 1
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jac Engels » di 15 mei 2012, 13:12

Hello Bob and welcome to our forum.

The information that is available abour your uncle is published at the Fields of Honor database: John E. Di Trapani. If you have any information for us to add to the page then you can sent it to info@adoptiegraven-database.nl

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
In live there are no solutions, only forces in motion. They must be created and the solutions follow.

ron_R
Forumlid
Aantal adoptiegraven: 2
Aantal geadopteerde namen:: 1
Contacteer:

Bericht door ron_R » di 15 mei 2012, 17:20

on 7 july 2 b-17's collided both from the 390 BG
42-10707 from the 579 bombsquadron
42-97983 from the 571 bombsquadron

of the 20 men 14 were killed

Plaats reactie